Friday 15 January 2010

Can I scan 120 film on my own with a regular scanner????

i have a Yashica-D and i wud like to use it...is it possible??

if so...how do i do it??

Best Answer

You can scan them if your scanner has a slide carrier and back-light facility in the lid. I have an Epson scanner where you replace the regular lid with a light-box and slide carrier (that takes 120 film) and it really (honestly) produces excellent results at top optical scanning res. Nowhere near the standard of a dedicated film scanner, but good enough for the largest prints I make.

If you've just got a lid on your scanner, I think you'll struggle. I have a Canon scanner, too, and that has a regular lid but, curiously, also came with a film scanning kit. To be honest, I've no idea how it's supposed to work 'cos the Epson is so good at its job I've never even bothered to take the slide bits out of the box and figure it out. If Canon think it's good enough for the job (and they obviously do), then I guess it can be done.

Answer by Mick on 08 Jan 2010 05:29:07

I would get the Epson Perfection 4490 Photo Scanner, it is only $129 with free shipping from B&H Photo (see link below).

It has some good features like Digital ICE Dust/Scratch Removal and has a good rating from customers at B&H Photo.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Answer by Mark on 09 Jan 2010 12:04:44

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment