Friday 15 January 2010

Help!! Canon 50d or 40d?

I'm getting ready for to buy a Canon 50D but I've been having people tell me not to pay the extra money and just get the 40d...the thing is that ive been saving for the 50d so its not like im on a budget with it, I have enough...so which one do I go with...Any advice between the two?

If budget is not a problem I would recommend Canon 50D. It is great camera even when compared to 40D.Shot for shot the 50D either matched or exceeded the picture quality of the 40D in all but one situation: indoors with low light and dull colors.It picked up a lot of details that the 40D didn't even come close to getting, was much better able to capture high-speed action in daylight and only produced noisy images under very particular situations.
[URL Truncated]

Answer by BL on 04 Jan 2010 09:53:15

the Canon EOS 50D 15.1MP Digital SLR Camera is better with 15.1-megapixel CMOS sensor with improved noise reduction, EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM standard zoom lens included, Enhanced Live View shooting includes Face Detection Live mode, New Lens Peripheral Illumination Correction setting; HDMI output

Answer by Andy on 04 Jan 2010 09:57:19

I have to agree with the poster who are saying go ahead and get the 50D, Canon would have to have made improvement to keep competitive in the market place.

If money was the issue then you could always get the top of the Canon Rebels and save money.

Get the latest current model, the 50D.

Mark

Answer by Mark on 05 Jan 2010 01:21:00
Best Answer

You have the budget for the 50D? Then go for it!

One of the features that I like in the 50D (as compared to the 40D) is the better LCD screen.

Answer by Danny on 05 Jan 2010 02:42:39

Hey there,

I have the 50D, before I had the XSi.

It has 15 megapixels. That's a little bit too much, but it's 50% more than 40D has. If you're really into cropping and posting BIG images, then you will like this. Tho, 10 megapixels on the 40D is enough.

ISO up to 12800. I use it to 1600 or 3200, noise reduction is sometimes necessary. Tho, for 50% more megapixels, images still look good and not too noisy. Don't expect low noise at 12800 tho..

It has a bit better auto focus system, some say it's more accurate and a bit faster. I can't say that, I haven't made any tests. Auto focus is good - almost never let me down, except when it's really dark, but don't worry - most cameras fail at dark places.

It has 920,000k 3" screen. The 40D has 230,000. That's another thing why I bought the 50D and not the 40D. I can clearly see if my images are sharp, menu also looks awesome. When I sometimes look at cameras with 230,000 LCD, I'm glad mine has the 920k. It's all just amazing.

Live View was another important thing to me. I often check out how dark/bright it is and if my white balance is correct. Live View saves me a lot of time and many useless photos I'd take without Live View. Whenever I shoot something still, I use it. Auto focus is pretty fast, it fails sometimes (like on all cameras), but in that case, you just focus manually. You can also magnify 5x or 10x - then you see if it's really sharp.

So, I'd say go for the 50D. If you're still confused about megapixels and why should you go for this one, which features are really important etc., I have wrote an article on my blog about 'Which DSLR To buy', what's important, what's not, megapixels, features etc. You can read it here - [URL Truncated]

Answer by TheDigitalPhotographer on 05 Jan 2010 06:25:32

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

    No comments:

    Post a Comment