Friday 15 January 2010

What file type do pictures have to be for a Nikon to recognize them?

I have a Nikon Coolpix S230. I want to put pictures that weren't taken on the camera, on the camera so I can show them to someone. I've done this before, but this time it's not working. When I try to view the picture I get the message, 'File Contains No Image Data'. How can I fix it? If it helps, the pictures were taken originally on a Fujifilm camera.

well i know that the D90 takes NEF and jpg and tiff know doubt so i would say jpeg and tiff because most cameras are compatible with those formats

Answer by madmax18765 on 02 Jan 2010 06:09:53
Best Answer

Your camera is meant for recording, not storage and playback.

Most likely the photos are actually on there, but your camera can't recognize them anymore. This is perfectly normal.
Some cameras will recognize their own files as long as they weren't edited or touched in any way, but most of the time the sheer action of transferring them to the computer and back is enough to stop it from recognizing them.

Answer by selina_555 on 02 Jan 2010 08:48:20

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment