Wednesday 13 January 2010

Digital camera help, memory card issues...?

When I insert a memory card into my digital camera(when its off) it wont power up.
When I insert a memory card into my Digital Camera when its ALREADY powered on it immediately shuts off. What can the problem be? Is this a usual/heard of problem with digital cameras and memory cards? Im pretty sure its the right card type. My camera takes SD and the card says SDHC, is SDHC diffrent than SD? I have relentlessly searched the web trying to get some info on this but it turned out to be "the run around". Help if you can. I will give the best answer the max amount of points allowed.
Actually, I found out the answer to this question like 5 mins after asking it. Amazing. My research paid off. Based on the answers given I will give Matt the best answer because he said "may not be compatible" (which was true) and everyone else used "will not work". Matt also reminded me to do something that I thought I did which was to give specific details about the product.

After a couple of beers my mind went into search

you need just a plain SD card. if your camera is not HD already, the SDHD memory card will not work.

Answer by Liz on 08 Jan 2010 08:34:13
Best Answer

Your camera may not be SDHC compatible. Try a normal SD card and see what happens. Also, when you ask questions like this, it is very helpful to include what camera you are using as well as the capacity of the memory card you are attempting to use with it. That way, we can tell you for sure if that card is able to be used with your camera.

Answer by Matt on 08 Jan 2010 08:49:12

If the camera takes SD you need SD. The SDHC wont work.

Also you should never insert or remove a memory card while the camera is on. There is a possibility you could ruin the card, the camera or both.

Answer by KNDChicago on 08 Jan 2010 08:57:48

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment