Wednesday 13 January 2010

What Digital SLR camera should I start off with?

Hii,

I'm in year 11 and i'm starting a graphic design course in september and for this I will need to buy a digital camera. The ones we use at school are Canon Digital SLR's and they're perfect for the type of thing I'm going to be doing on my college course.

However, this will be the first professional camera I've bought and I'm not really sure which one is the best one to start of with. It doesn't need to be really amazing and have loads of extra effects and stuff but it does need to have a decent amount of memory (obviously, i can always buy an extra memory card) and it would be better if I could change the lenses on it so I can get a bigger variety of photos.

If someone could just name a few cameras that they think would suit me and if you could also be kind enough to recommend the stores/websites that do the best deals I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks to all who answer!! :)
ohh and im in the UK so any websites that don't use £ is kinda off limits
thanks! these answers are really great :D

frist, I need to know your budget so I know which one to tell you.

but to start off with, about $400 to $600?

Canon list:
Canon rebel xsi
Canon rebel xs
or a little better, the Canon T1i (the T1i you will keep it for awhile.. won't out dated anytime soon)

Nikon list:
Nikon D40
Nikon D3000

so check them out :-)

Answer by Jin on 07 Jan 2010 09:31:04
Best Answer

I own and recommend the Canon Rebel XS. Superb build and photos. It's got plenty of features and a pretty good price these days, on line anyway.

Here's some examples of what I'm getting with mine. By the way I've added an 18-200 lens. You probably won't need that to start - the kit lens, an 18-55 if pretty good.
[URL Truncated]

Also here's a good site to do research. [URL Truncated]

Answer by Jim A on 07 Jan 2010 09:32:00

Hey,

First DSLR at 11? That's great ;)

Alright, let me say a few things first.

You can change lenses on all DSLRs. That's their meaning.
If someone tells you Nikon/Canon is better cause one has better quality, don't listen to them.
If someone tells you more megapixels means better quality, don't listen to them too ;)

You'll be okay with 8-12 megapixels. You also didnt say the maximum you'll pay.

Models I recommend for 400$-800$

- Canon EOS XS
- Canon EOS XSi
- Canon EOS T1i
- Nikon D40x
- Nikon D3000
- Nikon D5000

I have wrote an article on my blog about 'Which DSLR to buy', what's important, what's not, megapixels, features and which models for beginners. Here is the link - [URL Truncated]

At the bottom, I recommend models and if you click on them, you are redirected to Amazon.com This is one of the best stores online and they're very trusted.

Answer by TheDigitalPhotographer on 07 Jan 2010 09:34:31

Nikon D3000 or Canon Rebel XS are good camera to start with. They are user friendly, easy to use.changeable lens, provide good image quality with affordable price.
[URL Truncated]

Answer by PS on 07 Jan 2010 12:27:22

i would recommend to go with nikon d3000
Nikon D3000 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens
[URL Truncated]

also if you want to go with Canon the Canon XSI or even can consider Canon EOS Rebel T1i
[URL Truncated]

Answer by niks on 07 Jan 2010 12:49:08

If you like the ones at school then you should get one of those.

Answer by mister-damus on 07 Jan 2010 12:54:54

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

    No comments:

    Post a Comment